There are many reasons why you might want to buy property in Mauritius, whether it is for personal use, rental income or capital appreciation. Here are some of the main benefits of buying real estate in Mauritius:
– You can enjoy a tropical climate all year round, with an average temperature of 25°C and plenty of sunshine and rainfall.
– You can access a range of natural attractions, such as white sandy beaches, turquoise lagoons, coral reefs, mountains, waterfalls and forests.
– You can experience a rich and diverse culture, with influences from Africa, Asia and Europe. You can also enjoy a variety of cuisines, festivals, music and art.
– You can benefit from a stable and democratic political system, with a high level of security and peace. Mauritius is ranked as one of the most peaceful countries in Africa by the Global Peace Index.
– You can take advantage of a modern and efficient infrastructure, with good roads, public transport, telecommunications, health care and education. Mauritius is ranked as one of the most competitive economies in Africa by the World Economic Forum.
– You can access a favourable tax regime, with no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax, no wealth tax and a flat income tax rate of 15%. Mauritius also has double taxation agreements with many countries, which can reduce your tax liability in your home country.
– You can obtain residency rights in Mauritius if you invest at least $500,000 in an approved real estate project under the Property Development Scheme (PDS). This will allow you to live and work in Mauritius for as long as you own the property.
What are the current opportunities in Mauritius for house or land buyers?
The real estate market in Mauritius is diverse and dynamic, offering a range of opportunities for house or land buyers. Depending on your budget, preferences and objectives, you can choose from different types of properties and locations.
Some of the most popular types of properties in Mauritius are:
– Apartments: These are usually located in urban areas or near the beach, offering convenience and comfort. They can range from studios to penthouses, with varying sizes and amenities. Apartments are ideal for buyers who are looking for a low-maintenance property that can generate rental income or serve as a holiday home.
– Villas: These are usually located in gated communities or resorts, offering privacy and luxury. They can range from two-bedroom to six-bedroom units, with spacious living areas and gardens. Villas are ideal for buyers who are looking for a high-end property that can provide a lifestyle or retirement option.
– Land: These are usually located in rural areas or near the coast, offering potential and flexibility. They can range from small plots to large estates, with varying views and features. Land is ideal for buyers who are looking for a long-term investment that can allow them to build their own property or develop a project.